A bit about us:
We maintain multiple locations across WI and provide tons a flexibility to which office a strong candidate can report to. Our team performs a wide range of services for its clients. These include auditing for local governments and nonprofit organizations, accounting services, financial statement preparation, tax planning and preparation, computer system planning and other business consulting. We have an established reputation for supplying high quality service to both staff and clients. We seek team members who pride themselves on quality work. We work hard in service to the company and our clients while allowing ourselves to live balanced, well-rounded lives. We are more more than just a place to work. Here is a place where you can offer your knowledge, skills and dedication while knowing that your contributions are significant to the success of the organization. We offer an environment where we all share and celebrate our successes and grow and learn from our challenges.
Why join us?
In addition to an amazing company culture we offer a number of perks and benefits to attract top talent including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability insurance, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Volunteer opportunities
- Continuing Professional Education
- Bonus upon passing CPA exam
- Paid professional organization and service club dues
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks
- Dress for your day
The Staff Accountant will work closely with managers and partners to help support our clients, and assist in performing audits for nonprofits and local governments. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop professionally in both nonprofit and governmental auditing. Some of the primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Preparing individual, corporate and non-profit tax returns
- Conducting tax research and convey information to supervisor
- Assisting with assigned client audit, review and compilation areas in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by supervisor.
- Establishing and maintaining effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits.
- Expanding knowledge through exposure to peers and clients
- Representing the firm and promote its image at a variety of events including, but not limited to: networking events, vendor conferences, client events and at college career fairs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Prior experience in public accounting preferred
- CPA eligible (150 credits) preferred
- CPA certification is recommended, but not required
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and various tax and accounting software including CCH products, QuickBooks products, and research tools