A bit about us:
CPA firm that offers a fun, active and modern work environment that allows people the opportunity to excel in what we do - Tax, Audit, Advisory and Accounting Services. Our people like working together, we take pride in our client relationships, and we are involved in our community. Opportunities exist to be an exceptional leader within an atmosphere that offers a good work/life balance, fully remote work, and fun retreats/get togethers annually!
Why join us?
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Stable, long term, stability
- Join a well established team who is invested in your growth, development and continued success
- Rewarding work and responsibilities
- Bonus Eligible opportunity
- CPA / PE Credit Reimbursements if needed
- Excellent culture and peers
- Develops a relationship with engagement-related client personnel
- Maintains contact with client personnel throughout the year; possesses a knowledge of the client and the client’s business
- Is responsible for the day-to-day conduct of engagements
- Makes decisions on routine engagement matters
- Coordinates and leads engagement planning process (under supervision of Supervisor, Manager or Partner), including scheduling of planning meeting and fieldwork, discussions with client to understand client's current business activity, design of test work procedures, review of minutes, audit program preparation, review of business agreements, etc.
- Performs more difficult or complex procedures, such as the evaluation of accounting reserves, inventory valuation and obsolescence, deferred income taxes, revenue recognition, complex income tax accruals, etc.
- Supervises and reviews work of Staff Accountants
- Brings unusual or significant accounting/auditing questions to the attention of the supervisor
- Researches and proposes resolution to technical accounting and auditing matters
- Develops ability to recognize business tax issues and prepares complex income tax returns
- Wraps up engagement according to engagement timetable and alerts supervisor of scheduling concerns
- Communicates with appropriate individuals within the firm and documents the status of A&A engagements.
- Keeps Partner, Manager or Supervisor informed of all important developments on engagement
- Coordinates the scheduling of engagement reviews by supervisors and tax department
- Assists in communicating progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client
- Prepares client-centered management letters
- Assists in presenting financial statements and management letters to clients at wrap-up meetings
- Monitors engagement budget and alerts supervisor of potential concerns and suggests fee modification actions
- Monitors staff performance and alerts supervisor of training or development needs
- Fully understands purpose and objectives of assigned areas before commencing work
- Demonstrates effective project management skills, inspires teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and uses current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
- Achieves an acceptable level of budget realization on services performed and supervised
- May participate in preparing invoices and details of fees to clients
- Always promotes superior client service
- Contributes to meeting client’s expectations and deadlines