In this position, you will:
- Manage accounts payable by verifying purchase orders, coding invoices, data entry, paying vendors, and tracking and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage accounts receivable by generating, submitting, tracking, reconciling, and following up on all payments coming in and invoicing going
out to clients. Resolve account discrepancies.
- Oversee sales tax and abide by state and jurisdictional regulations. Prepare monthly and quarterly returns, maintain organized records and
documentation of filings.
- Set up and maintain all employees in the system. Responsible for maintaining employee files.
- Process payroll for the organization. Verify quarterly reporting and distribute W-2s.
- Work closely with health insurance vendor and handle premium contributions for both employee and employer.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls, as well as walk-in customer inquiries and transactions.
- Coordinate and collect overdue/outstanding accounts.
Skills, experience, and qualities that will help you be successful:
- 2 year Accounting Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting relevant work experience required.
- 2 years of inventory experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (or similar) and Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and multitasking skills needed, including the ability to juggle multiple, urgent requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot is a must.
- Ability to see the bigger picture; see how everything ties together and the impact it has.
- Must be able to pass a background check.