Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
Accounting Manager opportunity with a growing company that has doubled in size over the past 3 years and continuing to expand!
- Denver, CO
- $100,000 - $120,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Charlie Jerla
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Growing company that currently has 13 locations and will add 3 more before year end. Great opportunity to join while they are in growth mode and continuing to acquire new companies.
Why join us?
- Hybrid schedule
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k (50% match up to 6%)
The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for the financial reporting, compliance with the Company’s policies/ procedures, and conformity to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Additionally, you will manage a team of four employees.
- Supervises and participates in all month-end closing processes and ensure that all financial statements and reporting are timely, accurate, and in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for overseeing all month end journal entries
- Preparation of monthly reporting package
- Responsible for all Month End Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Provide daily direction to the accounting staff for the execution of the recurring monthly transaction processing including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, intercompany expenses, and other general accounting functions.
- Supervises and participates in the maintenance and documentation of accounting records and processes including accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue recognition, operating expense accruals, manufacturer rebates and fleet management.
- Ensure policies, procedures and internal controls are in place and comply with US GAAP
- Manages audits with external auditors: annual financial review, insurance audits, 401k plan audit, and other audits as requested by customers, suppliers, or government agencies.
- Partner with Controller and Senior Financial Analyst to support budget and forecast process as well as to perform monthly variance analysis.
- Responsible for developing team members and providing professional guidance and coaching to ensure proper career development.
- Consistently ensures that the team’s work is always conducted with integrity and that behavior aligns with Peak policies, procedures, and core competencies.
- Critically review current accounting and reporting processes to identify ways to improve and automate.
- Responsible for optimizing use of existing systems to ensure use of best practices and that the proper financial infrastructure is in place to streamline processing and facilitate growth.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Previous management experience is a plus
- Experience using Sage Intacct is a plus
- CPA is a nice to have
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and Financial Reporting