Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
Accounting Manager opportunity with a national retail company with over 400 locations!
- Richmond, VA
- $115,000 - $140,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Amber Heigerick
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
National retail company with over 400 locations!
Why join us?
- Hybrid schedule (3 days in the office, 2 days from home)
- 10% annual bonus + equity
This position supports the Director, Accounting with primary responsibility for all financial data and transaction gathering, journal entry generation, reconciliations, and financial analysis and reporting. This position develops and maintains accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and manages the work of staff accountants to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and participate in the execution of month-end close and financial reporting processes in a timely and accurate fashion
- Manage the Company’s capital expenditure and PP&E accounting/reporting processes; includes recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets and capital projects, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Lead a team of associates to elevate performance and promote development
- Proactively partner and collaborate with accounting, other finance functions, and key business stakeholders to support the preparation and review of financial statements and other critical reports
- Prepare and confidently present monthly, quarterly, and other ad hoc analytics for Accounting and Finance leadership with a focus on accuracy and appropriate presentation of results
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Prepare and analyze monthly account reconciliations and communicate unusual trends to management
- Provide monthly variance analysis (including actual to budget, actual to forecast) and understand/explain drivers of variances
- Drive efficiencies and reduce risk through the identification and implementation of process improvements
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment, including internal control considerations, for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions and agreements
- Prepare schedules for auditors and regularly respond to auditor information requests and inquiries
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred