A bit about us:
Growing Healthcare company in the Atlanta!
Why join us?
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Match
- Generous PTO Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Complimentary Financial Planning
- Growth Opportunities
- Annual Merit Increases
- Employee Referral Bonuses
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager oversees the accounting functions including the financial close process, financial statement reconciliation process, accounting for fixed assets, real estate leases, taxes, and payroll. The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting in the development of policies and procedures for accounting best practices and manages the adherence to those accounting policies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of best accounting practices and controls to increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of accounting operations and to ensure compliance with company standards, as well as appropriate federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Performs analytical review of financial information from the account level to the financial statement level to ensure the information is reliable, accurate, and adequately stated. Ensures adherence to GAAP. Coordinates audit requests and requirements as they relate to accounting operations.
- Manages the monthly financial close process, including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and various other account analyses.
- Supports other departments regarding accounting and reporting requirements, as needed.
- Oversees the asset management process that includes the accounting, maintenance, and reporting for fixed assets, real estate leases and sub-leases, and property taxes.
- Responsible for all non-income tax filings—e.g., property tax, 1099, W-2, W-9.
- Budgeting and regular analytical work on the operations of the business, as needed.
- Provide accounting support for due diligence and subsequent integration work for M&A activity.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiencies.
- Oversees payroll process and reporting.
- Provides supervision and leadership to the accounting team.
- Reviews invoices and supporting documentation for payment as part of the A/P process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- CPA, CMA or MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of similar experience preferred
- Multi-site healthcare or retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite accounting software package strongly preferred
- 2+ years of management experience preferred