A bit about us:
An established, insurance entity in Tampa is currently hiring for an experienced Accounts Payable Lead for an immediate need. This individual will be part of the fun, collaborative team and will report to the company’s Accounting Manager where they will provide high-level payables support and will perform a variety of accounting tasks of complexity and detail with a high-level of confidentiality. This individual will also supervise the work of a small team of Accounting Analysts.
Why join us?
- $85K Base + Bonus/Potential Incentives
- Established, Tampa-based organization with high visibility and opportunities for growth
- Ability to interact with multiple internal/external teams
- Strong management and executive team
- Excellent corporate culture
- Great work/life balance
- Partners with Accounting Manager to supervise and monitor team AP activity, hold team members accountable to department SOPs and company guidelines for processing vendor payables and to provide support and mentorship for growth and knowledge transfer.
- Performs daily pre-payment approvals of invoice submissions. Signs off on correct billing, payment approvals, attachments for proper backup, accuracy of coding and ensures invoice assignment to proper business segment and intercompany allocation.
- Managing rent schedules for multiple company locations and working closely with the Lease Accountant to ensure payment and lease information tie with master lease software.
- Provides Accounting Manager with weekly reporting
- Prepares month-end reconciliation of assigned entities for rents, utility payments.
- Assists with month and year-end closes and AP-specific reporting as needed.
- Responsible for Year-End 1099 Process.
- Assists Accounting Manager with pulling reports for key performance indicators, trends, costs, and analyst productivity as well as monthly reporting for partnership visibility to expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting experience. Large or public company experience a plus.
- Previous experience supervising AP process and team members
- Intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be extremely detail oriented.