AP Manager - Gov Contracting
Tremendous Benefits + Relocation Assistance! Deltek Costpoint Exp Req
- EGLIN, FL +1
- $65,000 - $80,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Stephen Konopka
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
An AP Manager opportunity with a dynamic firm who provides engineering and technical support to the Eglin Test and Training Range complex (ETTC) and the National Radar Cross Section Test Facility (NRTF) for the Air Force under the Eglin-Operation and Maintenance Services Contract, better known as E-OMS. This firm develops and maintains realistic integrated test and training environments. We prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus Opportunities
- 401k Match
- Dynamic Leadership Team
- High Employee Retention
- Generous PTO Package
- Manages all activities in the AP function.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers.
- Maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Review applicable accounting reports and AP registers to ensure accuracy.
- Connect cross-functionally and develop effective internal and external working relationships with members of procurement, warehouse management, and the vendor community.
- Reviews that all payments are in compliance with Contracts and Accounting policies.
- Validates, verifies, and audits invoices against purchase orders daily
- Uploads all AP preprocessor files submitted by Accounting/Finance department.
- Creates/processes Positive Pay Files for bank accounts.
- Monitors all credit card reconciliations and ensures all are complete.
- Reviews and posts receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and databases.
- Prepares, sorts, copies, files, and mails invoices, receipts, checks, and other correspondence.
- Prepares approved and signed checks to be mailed.
- Researches discrepancies, and approves invoices for payment.
- Prepares accounts payable checks; mails to vendors and files appropriate backup.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Supplier creation and management in ERP system.
- Performs reconciliations on large accounts.
- Responsible for all training in the department.
- Documents standard work and continually updates standard operating procedures.
- Proactively seeks educational and improvement opportunities and shares knowledge with team members.
- Supports principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Assists with month-end and annual closings.
- Support internal, external, and government audits as required.
- Ad-hoc reporting and support projects as needed
- Requires prior government contractor AP experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related OR an equivalent combination of education (above high school level) and/or experience equivalent to five (5) years in fields utilizing the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years AP supervisory experience.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Requires Deltek Costpoint experience.
Easy Apply Now
Managed by Jobot Pro
$65,000 - $80,000