A bit about us:
Our client is a medium-sized architectural design office located in Sonoma and Emeryville CA. Their projects combine operational excellence with design excellence, in a diversity of dynamic and important building types. Our client's focus is on user-centered solutions that are sustainable, and reflect creative contemporary design values.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
Our client is seeking an architectural Designer with both design and technical skills. As a Designer, you will assist in developing building design concepts and solutions, generating design drawings, participating in collaborative team design meetings, and occasionally working with outside consultants. You will exercise your technical skills in preparing communication graphics, design visualizations, and preparing technical construction documents. Position requirements include:
- Utilizing Revit software, design, prepare construction drawings
- Utilizing Adobe Creative Suite programs, prepare communication graphics, presentations
- Work collaboratively with project team members and Principals
- Review, coordinate and incorporate the work of consulting engineers
- Assist in preparing assembly, enclosure, and waterproofing details under experienced supervision
- Process construction submittals, RFIs, substitution requests and shop drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- 2-7 years of demonstrable experience as an architectural designer
- Proficiency in Revit
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3D rendering and visualization skills
- Conceptual understanding of building codes, standards and building structures
- Conceptual understanding how buildings are constructed with the ability to co-create technical details and documents that succinctly describe the project
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with LEED a plus.