A bit about us:
We are a premier investment, management, and operating real estate firm. Our US-focused portfolios span asset classes, with a current specialization in multifamily workforce housing. With clients and investors across the United States and Latin America, we have developed a robust foundation of investment in the Mid-Atlantic region, and a portfolio of properties across the United States. Our team is growing and we are currently looking for an Assistant Controller to join our team! The position will report directly to the Corporate Controller and will work closely with the leadership team.
Why join us?
- Strong reputation in the community.
- Great leadership and company culture.
- Excellent opportunity to join a growing organization.
- Comprehensive benefits & compensation package.
- Ensures accuracy of financial transactions and ensure processes align with company policies/procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviews funding and sales-related reconciliations with many data points.
- Take ownership of entire accounting & finance department – the ability to forecast and create budgets.
- Record company card reconciliations and corresponding general ledger entries.
- Monitor gross sales and percentage rent as requested.
- Manage fixed assets and commission structures.
- Creates performance measures, monitoring processes and feedback systems that support the company’s objectives.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Managing communication with vendors
- BA degree in Accounting/Finance or related study.
- 4+ years of related work experience – preferably in a real estate or property management environment.
- Accounting Software experience required. RealPage is preferred.
- Ability to lead teams and manage projects.