- Newport Beach, CA
- $110,000 - $140,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Brandon Zavala
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
You will lead the monthly/quarterly/annual close and internal reporting processes, focusing on functions related to Corporate Accounting, Accounts Payable and Purchasing, Inventory and Cost Accounting, Gross Margin, Cost of Goods Sold, and international transactions. Success in this role means you are proactive, highly organized while being able to pivot to meet the needs of the business and have proven technical accounting experience.
Why join us?
We are fast-growing company with many opportunities for you to master your craft and grow your career. We are proud to offer employees a generous compensation package that includes commission and bonus plans for all employees, multi-option healthcare plans, 401k with match, and paid time off. Join the team and carve your own path to the future.
About the Role
- Responsible for managing all the aspects of the monthly/quarterly/annual financial closing process including account variance analysis.
- Assist the Controller in managing the Company’s SOX compliance program, including ensuring SOX compliance with the Accounting and IT department’s processes.
- Assist the Controller in managing the external audit / prepared by client schedules assigned to the Accounting team for timeliness and accuracy.
- Assist the external tax accountants in developing quarterly tax provisions.
- Assist the Controller in leading and managing the Accounting team and building positive team morale and provide development and growth opportunities for the Accounting staff.
- Lead efforts to identify and create efficiencies in the Accounting department’s processes.
- Provide review of the accounting team’s work product for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Review journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations completed by the accounting team in accordance with GAAP, ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Prepare management reporting packages as needed.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and update them as needed.
- Take the lead in accounting system improvements/implementations.
- Manage lease accounting in accordance with ASC842, including ensuring accuracy and timeliness of accounting information from our lease accounting system.
- Participate in other projects, as a leader or individual contributor, as needed
- You have successfully motivated, taught, and lead an Accounting team
- You have a working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- You may hold a CPA or international equivalent
- Technology is an important tool that you use to process information, and analyze data, and stay organized.
- You may have proven experience using NetSuite and Power BI
- You may have experience with developing quarterly and annual tax provisions
- You understand multi-state and multi-entity organization
- You like being organized and are methodical in your approach to getting things done.
- You have the ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial data
- Communication is the key to building trust and getting clarity on the objective. You are clear and concise and can communicate effectively with all types of people.
Easy Apply Now
Managed by Jobot Pro
Newport Beach, CA
$110,000 - $140,000