Associate Director - Indirect Tax
Take ownership and lead the Indirect Tax Function
- Rochester, NY
- $135,000 - $170,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Gareth Davies
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client is a single-source technology partner for plant engineering and construction with a focus on providing innovative solutions to customers. Trusted by clients in more than 100 countries, they globally bring over 135 years of expertise as a technology pioneer to provide a full range of standard and customized solutions to fit your process plant needs.
Why join us?
Our client offers a very competitive salary and bonus program which has paid out above target frequently, along with top of the line benefits!
***This is an onsite role and will be based in upstate NY. The successful candidate should be able to commute to the location or be open to relocation***
- Responsible for managing the indirect tax technical team, managing state and local audits and assessments, supporting the US businesses and Shared Service Center responsible for tax compliance with tax technical matters related to indirect taxes in the US
- You will motivate, manage, coach and develop a staff of two, coordinate and support indirect tax audits / assessments, as well as work with Shared Service Center to support questions relating to US indirect tax filings, and work with the business teams to operations to identify opportunities to minimize indirect taxes
- You will answer/research taxability questions on transactions for indirect matters, support businesses on property tax related due diligence for mergers, acquisitions & dispositions, review contracts and business situations to identify risk and mitigate costs / risk related to indirect transactions, and lead implementations of process improvements and best practices
- You will consult / advise on updates to the Vertex Tax Decision Maker made by SSC
- You must have a bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting, MST degree or courses a plus
- You should possess a minimum of 10-15+ years of Sales Tax experience and dealing with multistate tax issues in either a large industry or Big 4 Public Accounting
- You must have experience using Vertex or other sales tax software
- Prior experience managing a team preferred
- Ability to work cross functionally and drive value and minimize tax within the sales tax function
- You should have strong project management skills and strong communication skills and demonstrated experience with driving process improvement
- Property tax knowledge / experience a plus
- Experience / knowledge of non-US indirect tax a plus (i.e., VAT, GST)