A bit about us:
This animal hospital is in beautiful Colorado mountains and has been serving our community for 28 years. The practice is a full-service animal hospital and mobile unit with on-call emergency care and preventative veterinary care for both small and large animals. They are equipped with the latest, state of the art equipment to provide only the most optimal veterinary care, including digital radiography for small animals and horses, orthopedic specialty surgeries, cancer surgeries, complex wound care and intensive care hospitalization. The practice is dedicated to ensuring that pets have prompt, quality, compassionate, yet affordable pet care when needed. They pride themselves on being friendly with all your pets, whether clients have been with them for years or are brand new. If you are a passionate and caring team player, please apply today!
Why join us?
- Relocation Bonus
- Industry-Leading PTO Program
- High Producers Bonus
- Maternity Leave
- Doctor Mentorship Program
- Dental Academy
- DVM Teammate Referral Program
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Lead DVM positions available for those ready for the next step.
- Regional and Area Medical Director growth tracks.
- New Hospital Equity Incentives
- Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of in which applicant is applying
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus