Audit Senior- Nonprofit focused
Hybrid Opportunity with an amazing firm that cares about work/life balance
- Middletown, CT
- $75,000 - $100,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Andrew Harrison
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are a full-service public accounting firm established in 1972. With a strong focus on meeting the financial needs of individuals, privately-owned businesses, professional practices, and the wider business community, we provide professional and timely service to clients across various industries. Our commitment to excellence is evident through our adherence to high-quality standards, as demonstrated by regular external reviews of our quality control procedures. As trusted advisors and experts in the field, we strive to deliver exceptional service and tailored financial solutions.
Why join us?
We value our employees and strive to provide a comprehensive benefits package that supports their well-being and professional growth. Our benefits program includes:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive salaries that reflect the expertise and experience of our employees.
- Health and Wellness: We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance plans to promote the health and well-being of our employees and their families.
- Retirement Planning: We offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching contributions, enabling our employees to plan for their future.
- Work-Life Balance: We recognize the importance of work-life balance and offer paid time off, including vacation days, holidays, and personal days, to help employees recharge and spend quality time with their loved ones.
- Professional Development: We support the professional growth of our employees through ongoing training and development opportunities, including workshops, seminars, and industry certifications.
- Collaborative Environment: We foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment where teamwork and open communication are encouraged.
- Recognition and Rewards: We believe in recognizing and rewarding the contributions and achievements of our employees through performance-based incentives and employee appreciation programs.
- Continuing Education Assistance: We provide financial assistance for approved continuing education courses or programs that enhance employees' skills and knowledge in their respective fields.
- Health and Wellness Programs: We offer various wellness programs and initiatives to promote a healthy lifestyle, including gym membership discounts, wellness challenges, and access to employee assistance programs.
- Community Involvement: We encourage employees to give back to the community and supports their volunteer efforts by providing paid time off for community service activities.
- Perform various audit procedures, including risk assessment, substantive testing, and internal control evaluation, to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Prepare audit workpapers, documentation, and reports that demonstrate a thorough understanding of client processes and compliance with auditing standards.
- Analyze financial statements and identify areas for improvement, potential risks, and control weaknesses, providing valuable recommendations to enhance client operations.
- Collaborate with audit teams to plan and execute engagements, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budget, and quality objectives.
- Conduct research on accounting and auditing matters to stay updated on emerging trends, regulations, and industry best practices, applying this knowledge to engagements.
- Interact directly with clients to address inquiries, gather information, and build strong professional relationships based on trust and integrity.
- Assist in the supervision and development of junior audit staff, providing guidance, training, and feedback to support their professional growth.
- Participate in firm-wide initiatives, such as process improvements, training programs, and the development of audit methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. CPA certification or progress towards obtaining it is preferred.
- Previous experience in public accounting, specifically in auditing and assurance services, is required.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and auditing standards (GAAS).
- Proficiency in using audit software, financial analysis tools, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, enabling the identification of risks, discrepancies, and opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, fostering effective collaboration with clients and team members.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically in complex audit scenarios.
- A commitment to professional development, including staying updated on industry developments and obtaining relevant certifications.
- Upholding ethical standards and maintaining confidentiality and integrity in all aspects of work.