A bit about us:
We are growing exponentially and look to double in growth within the next 6 months! An accomplishment that we are very proud of and can attribute this to our exemplary employees, leadership team, current customer base and future customers we are expanding our services to. With growth, comes opportunity to continue to really strengthen our infrastructure. We are hiring for several priority positions at this time. Feel free to apply and speak to us about what opportunities you could be a great match for!
Why join us?
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Eligibility (Up to 15%)
- Company is experiencing high growth and is expected to continue to double up in size by end of year
- Full-Time position, Direct Hire Position
- Hybrid (1-2 days in the office a week)/3-4 Days Fully Remote
- Interface with executives
- The Business and Data Analyst (BDA) provides strategic guidance and research support to the analytics team in the areas of health data research, program evaluations, standard definition, process efficiency, as well as routine reporting. The BDA also provides analytics support to the client service team and the company’s clients.
- Provides support to the analytics/BI team by helping define data and reporting requirements, mapping source data to the data warehouse, and quality assurance testing.
- Works with the BI team to develop mechanisms for standard reporting packages to be run by the client service team, as well as ad hoc reporting tools utilizing Excel, SQL, and/or PowerBI tool sets
- Conducts analysis and data development for a broad range of financial and actuarial functions. This support will include rate reviews, financial planning and projections, trend analysis, potential product development, provider reimbursement analysis, and medical cost containment analysis.
- Summarizes and evaluates large amounts of data creating customized reporting, forecasting, and modeling as part of a broader team working on large projects across a variety of clients.
- Includes detailed technical work, as well as extensive client communication as reports and models are provided to clients.
- Development of program rates, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Designs reports as needed and is responsible for the assurance of data integrity.
- Analyzes and assists in making recommendations on client strategy and cost containment initiatives.
- Cross-trains others on use of financial tools and methodology and serves as backup for various departmental functions as needed.
- Works closely with a variety of individuals including underwriting/analysts, sales, consulting, health management and leadership.
- Designs, develops, and prepares accurate and timely reports and analysis, providing financial guidance and general direction for influencing clients’ decisions and the achievement of strategic goals.
- Develops benchmarking reports by gathering student health benefits data to compare plan information to other student health programs by industry or geography and provide results to client.
- Understands and demonstrates project management and consulting skills: managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables, helping to develop budgets and billing reports, participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate, delegating to and reviewing project work of more junior colleagues and assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports.
- Use initiative to identify and overcome obstacles, manage through ambiguity, remain focused and highly productive
- Work cross-functionally and at all levels as both a self-starter and in a team environment
- Think critically, creatively, analytically, and with sound judgment to develop and provide comprehensive, in-depth financial analyses related to period results (financial statements), business case development, and ad hoc projects
- Simultaneously manage multiple assignments while maintaining composure, good judgment, and commitment to deadlines
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work in a well-organized manner, provide clear insights / directions and as needed, influence the work of others in the department, with minimal supervision
- Drive and influence projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and little or no authority. Projects may extend beyond the organization and involve direction of company personnel both within and outside the department
- Proficiency using Excel including Pivot tables and refreshable data sets/connections
- Proficiency with SQL to develop ad hoc data queries
- Proficiency with PowerBI and DAX
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience working with health claims data (i.e., health insurance company or third party health claims administrator) or equivalent combination of education and job related experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities through successfully managing projects, training and process improvement
- Exceptional ability in working with complex software and systems both as currently used by the Company and alternative industry standards.
- Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of in-depth financial, actuarial, accounting and business knowledge
- Advanced presentation skills to clients, within department and to project teams
- Able to operate in a matrix environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics/Data Analytics preferred