A bit about us:
We offer a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all full-time employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
Why join us?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Designs civil engineering projects for public works, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, laws and regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Public works projects include but are not limited to geotechnical engineering and design, roadways and streetscapes, storm and sanitary sewer systems, erosion and sediment control, traffic control, utilities, retention, and detention ponds and/or other related design items.
- Designs and coordinates City-wide services projects which includes investigating public requests, problems and complaints; contacts applicable individuals to initiate corrective action activities; generates work orders to resolve service issues; prepares and completes field design sketches for work orders as necessary; coordinates construction activities with applicable internal departments and external organizations and performs other related activities.
- Coordinates engineering project activities with a variety of internal departments and external organizations or entities including but not limited to utility companies, other municipalities, surveyors, land agents and/or property owners, as necessary.
- Communicates with supervisor, management staff, other employees, developers, engineers, contractors, citizens, and external organizations to coordinate activities.
- Conducts inspections and site visits to ensure projects are in compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, specifications, standards, policies and procedures; initiates corrective action to mitigate violations and deviations.
- Represents the department and/or the City at a variety of meetings, public events, training sessions, committees and/or other related events or groups to receive and convey information pertaining to City projects or programs.
- Provides technical guidance on a variety of construction-related projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field and 7+ years of work experience, pre-or-post degree, which involved construction, surveying, design, traffic engineering, inspection or estimating.
- Construction Management experience along with knowing the Atlanta area are a huge plus, therefore a local Atlanta resident is highly preferred.
- Registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- GDOT project experience a plus.