Clinical Lab Technologist- Licensed
- New York, NY
- $90,000 - $110,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Juan Correa
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. We pride ourselves in being one of the largest community-based, non-profit blood collection and distribution organizations in the United States.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Equity Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
- Excellent Benefits!
As a key member of our team you will perform technical procedures involved in the operation of the Cellular Therapy Laboratory, which includes red blood cell and volume reduction and cryopreservation of viable cells for transplantation. In addition, you will provide technical guidance to other technologists and process technicians, review daily QC, and review processing records.
- Processing and cryopreserving hematopoietic progenitor cell (HPC), parathyroid tissue and other cellular therapy products as developed in the laboratory for transplantation
- Complying with all polices, practices, procedures, SOPs and other applicable regulations, requirements and standards
- Conducting routine cell enumeration as required by hematology lab
- Performing daily quality control on all equipment prior to use and conducting routine preventative maintenance as required
- Maintaining patient records in computerized systems
- Performing moderately complex lab tests which include proficiency tests and preparing product and patient samples for testing in other laboratories
- Documenting deviations and occurrences and notifying staff
- Performing routine hematology laboratory duties, including staining slides and CBC and differential counts
- Preparing inventory and donor qualification reports
- Identifying and implementing improvements to business unit operations
- Handling other related tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field
- Experience in a biomedical laboratory which includes experience in a stem cell or cellular therapy lab (preferred)
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License (required)
- Knowledge of processing, purging, cryopreserving, thawing and in the preparation of cellular therapy products for infusion/transplantation
- Basic knowledge of FDA and NYSDOH regulations and AABB and FACT standards
- Knowledge of sterile technique
- Basic knowledge of lab supplies/equipment and quality control procedures
- PC proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Superior organizational, oral/written communication and analytical skills