As a Construction Inspector, you will be playing a crucial role in the successful completion of various VDOT construction projects. Your primary focus will be on ensuring that all construction work complies with the project's specifications and safety standards. You will be responsible for inspecting the work of contractors and subcontractors, verifying the quality of materials and equipment used, and ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the project's plans and specifications. This role requires a high level of technical knowledge and skills, as well as a strong commitment to safety and quality.
- Conduct regular field inspections of construction sites to ensure compliance with project specifications and safety standards, including existing roadways, structures and facilities.
- Conduct and/or observe and document test on soils, asphalt, concrete, aggregates, bituminous products, metal products and industrial coatings.
- Participate in traffic control activities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in VDOT projects.
- Certifications including: VDOT Intermediate Traffic Control, Radiation Safety for Nuclear Density Gauges, OSHA 10 Hour Safety, Soils and Aggregate, Asphalt Field I and II, Pavement Marking, Slurry Surfacing, Guardrail Installer Training (GRIT), Surface Treatment, DEQ Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector, DEQ Stormwater Management Inspector, NICET Certifications (any), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification, AAMP Coatings Inspector Certifications (Level 1 or 2). IMSA Field Technician 1 - 3, IMSA Signals Technician.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in using inspection tools and equipment.
- Familiarity with construction safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Must be physically fit and able to work in various weather conditions.
Please reach out with your interest today!