A bit about us:
One of our favorite clients is ready to add a new Senior Controls Engineer to their thriving team ASAP! If you feel like you meet the requirements below please apply ASAP!
- Provide technical support for the operation, maintenance and continuous improvement of manufacturing instrumentation and process control systems.
- Work closely with operations, process engineers, and maintenance to understand the business and user needs and priorities.
- Provide full life cycle support of control systems in our film sensitizing area, including developing requirements, programming support, commissioning, and ongoing hardware and software maintenance, from the control room to the field instrumentation.
- Support upgrade projects for existing Rockwell Automation PLC based control systems, Ovation DCS and Reliance Automax Machine Coordinated Drive Control Systems including identifying system hardware and software architecture improvement opportunities
- Provide hardware and integration support for Ethernet based control systems in the plant IT environment.
- Work with maintenance to develop data driven reliability improvement opportunities, as well as troubleshoot system hardware, resolve software malfunctions and assist in system improvements and software upgrades.
- Implement improvements in systems capabilities that will increase the ability to meet customer requirements, including safe and reliable operations, and improve business competitiveness, using Six Sigma methodology as applicable.
- A technical degree is strongly preferred OR equivalent accumulative work experience in the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience strongly preferred integrating or evaluating controls and methods
- Technical experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens or other PLC systems along the various lines of PLC controls to include troubleshooting, PLC programming and system modifications in order to provide support and improvement of current and new equipment.
- Technical experience with servo drives and servo material feed systems to include programming, troubleshooting and support of these systems.
- Technical experience and familiarization with Robotics troubleshooting and programming to provide support in this area.
- Technical experience with Vision system integration, programming and Maintenance.
- Familiar with PC Programming skills including but not limited to VB, VBA, C++, and JAVA
- Experience with Database integrations including but not limited to SQL, Oracle and Crystal
- Experience Designing and Integrating DCS and SCADA systems for “Real-Time” Data access
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (Metal stamping, steel rule dies, etc…)
- Functional knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP
- Functional knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma and TPM doctrines