***This is position is going to be onsite in Midland, TX... Relocation assistance provided DOE***
Essential Job Functions:
Develop control system deliverables for all phases of a project
including conceptual design, preliminary design, and detailed
- Develop the design of PLC based control systems.
- Develop cause & effects matrix and control narratives.
- Develop typical control system engineering and design drawings
such as: PLC, RIO, & J-Box schematics; enclosure layout drawings;
network drawing; area classification plans; control equipment
- Develop control system/instrumentation specifications.
- Develop the design of miscellaneous electrical systems such as
lighting, grounding, electrical heat tracing, etc.
- Develop typical control system databases/spreadsheets such as:
instrument index and I/O lists; panel schedules
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP) for control systems
and equipment on industrial gas processing facilities.
- Participate in procurement activities associated with control systems
equipment. Procurement activities include preparing technical data
for inquiry packages, preparing technical bid evaluations, and review
of vendor drawing and document submittal reviews.
- Perform inspections of control system installations and control
equipment for conformance with engineering documents,
equipment specifications, and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of control engineering and design practices including
drawings, specifications, codes, building materials and costs, and
- Working knowledge of NFPA, NEC, ISA, and applicable electrical
Codes as well as applicable Industry Codes and Standards (e.g. IEC,
ANSI, & IEEE).
- Experience in facility control system design and the preparation of
control equipment and systems procurement and installation
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team of
engineers and designers on multiple, concurrently executed
- Good organizational and communication skills. Expresses ideas
concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of office personal computers, office networks,
and the Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Work is generally sedentary, sitting for long periods of time and
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Repetitious hand and finger dexterity to communicate via email and
- Extensive visual and auditory observation during work