Global Manufacturer seeks Cost Accountant with industry experience
- Charleston, WV +1
- $70,000 - $100,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Tim Fallman
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
With locations across the country, we are a stable, growing manufacturer producing time-tested components and products used by millions around the world. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Accountant who is versed in the manufacturing industry and has a strong understanding of cost accounting, manufacturing analysis, account reconciliations, and accounting policy compliance with the following skills...
Why join us?
Suite of health and medical benefits
We are seeking an experienced Cost Accountant who will have a strong background in cost accounting, manufacturing analysis, reconciliations, and SOX compliance. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial records, analyzing cost data, and providing insights to management to drive business decisions. If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for numbers and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Conduct regular cost analysis to identify areas for improvement and cost savings
- Maintain accurate records in the ERP system, including journal entries and general ledger
- Develop and maintain standard costs for materials and products
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports, including variance analysis and trend analysis
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Excess and Obsolete, LIFO, and LCM calculations and analysis.
- Prepare and enter month-end journal entries, such as accruals and regularly recurring monthly entries
- Reconcile inventory accounts and investigate any discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with SOX regulations and internal controls
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 2-7+ years of experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in ERP systems, Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance