A bit about us:
We are a business consulting firm that provides our clients with a wide array of outsourced accounting services. We have assembled a team that is comprised of diverse skillsets, exceptional credentials, and an unwavering commitment to providing you with the best, most comprehensive financial and accounting services available.
Given our experience working with clients across numerous industries, we have the foundation to provide you with superior accounting services all while stressing the importance of integrity, value, and trust.
Why join us?
Work with a growing and thriving firm that puts it's focus on it's people. Work remote from ANYWHERE. We've always been remote and see great value in hiring the best, providing you the tools and resources to be successful, and location doesn't play into this equation. Work NO overtime, we believe in people having a great work/life balance.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Accounting to join our high-performing team of financial professionals that serve our clients accounting and finance needs. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned accounting professional with a public/private mix of experience, ie audit manager and controller level. They'll possess a strong background in real estate (big plus since a bulk of our clients are in real estate), public accounting (since you'll be working with many clients, understanding the concept of tracking your time will be important in this role), and client-facing roles. This position will play a pivotal role in our organization, leading client engagements and overseeing a wide array of their accounting needs. You'll be keeping up to date on new industry rules and regulations, along with the month end, year end, and other financial statement preparation responsibilities.
As the Director of Accounting, you will support our clients with their accounting/finance requirements:
1. Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of financial statements preparation and reporting.
2. Utilize Quickbooks to manage financial statement preparation, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning.
3. Act as the primary point of contact for external auditors and regulatory bodies.
4. Collaborate with clients to set financial strategy and lead financial planning initiatives.
5. Provide financial leadership and guidance to operations management, supporting business decisions with sound financial data.
6. Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards in the finance industry.
7. Develop and implement effective financial policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Act as a client-facing representative, providing exceptional service and building strong relationships with clients.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Accounting will possess:
1. A CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting role.
2. Extensive experience in the real estate sector and public accounting.
3. Preferred experience in Quickbooks and/or other accounting software, software savvy and quick learner
4. Demonstrated experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and financial accounting.
5. Proven leadership and management skills
6. Exceptional client-facing skills, with a focus on building strong relationships and providing exceptional service.
7. Strong understanding of financial regulations, laws, and standards in the finance industry.
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset.
10. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
If you have the required skills and experience, we look forward to receiving your application.