The Senior Electrical Engineer will perform all aspects of electronic design, development, validation and support from product inception through manufacturing. The same individual will be responsible for ensuring the product meets all of the customer's requirements and passes compliance tests. Comfortable working with motors and of-line power supplies. Using a working knowledge of schematic capture, analysis tools/instruments, PCB layout, EMC / Compliance to support new and fielded designs with customers and manufacturing plants.
- Designs, troubleshoots, validates, tests and supports electrical products and systems to ensure the products meet the requirements and quality.
- Responsible for writing supporting technical reports and documentation in support of the designs.
- Collaborates with Mechanical, Firmware and Program Managers, as well as other internal and external partners.
- Ensures the successful design, development, testing and implementation of both product and process changes.
- Identifies issues and uses problem solving to formulate and implement creative solutions to address electrical safety, EMC requirements, etc.
- Leads small-scale development efforts and projects including planning, scheduling, and documentation required for design control.
- Support Manufacturing plants with needed documentation, test equipment, etc. to ensure successful manufacture of the designs and products.
- 4 plus years’ professional experience with the C programming language.
- Embedded software development experience with hard real-time requirements.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- 5+ years of practical engineering experience to include the design and development of electronic systems with proven ability to troubleshoot electronic systems.
- Working knowledge of electronic design principles, analog and digital systems, and PCB manufacturing processes.
- Experience with 1 to 4hp motor control and motors for Brushed DC, Brushless DC and AC Induction motor.
- Experience with active and passive Power Factor Correction (PFC).
- Experience with the design, testing and support of flyback power supplies.
- Experience with multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power meters, dynamometers, spectrum analyzers, high voltage AC (120Vac and 230Vac) and DC (up to 500Vdc) power supplies.
- Experience with design for EMI/EMC and UL and CE.
- Must have proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (including MS Project) and electrical CAD (Altium preferred).