- Successful candidate should be responsible, motivated, and a self-starter who is self-directed on their assigned Agile team.
- Develop new and support existing functionality within our existing software suite of embedded products and systems.
- Develop new services in our future software suite of embedded products.
- Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team in a Lean continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/DI), agile development.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3 (+) years’ experience with C++ in Linux environment (Ubuntu, or any other equivalent variant)
- 3(+) years’ experience in cross compiling and troubleshooting C++ application with ARM32 or 64 bit target
- 1 (+) years’ experience with edge device /embedded platforms database sqlite3 or similar
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming using C++
- Experience working with TCP/IP socket communications, understanding of websockets
- Understanding software development lifecycle, (SDLC) best practices.
- Candidate must be an effective verbal and written communicator with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, balancing business needs with a solid commitment to quality, performance, and support.
PREFERED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Working Experience with C++ in Linux with embedded devices running any flavor of Linux OS and integrating it to Cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP)services (Edge/Cloud Integration)
- Ability to develop cross platform application with ARM64 or similar and ability to debug with Linux target platform with arm architecture
- Experience with implementing messaging clients , clients processing JSON data on a Linux device is an added plus
- Prior experience in integrating device drivers/ building as a part of device firmware is desirable
- Degree from a four-year college or university in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent with C++ programming background
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, collaborative environment
- Open to direction and collaborative work style with a commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Development experience with cross platform applications and deploying to Linux devices is preferred