A bit about us:
Our client operates a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in the central valley. They are a company committed to serving their customers over the long-term and are always ready to further modernize or change its operations to meet both the demands of its customers and new environmental standards.
In addition to manufacturing, the company's subsidiaries serve the California region's needs for high-quality residential and commercial products from their numerous batch plants which cover the diverse markets of Southern California and the Central (San Joaquin) Valley.
Why join us?
We cultivate strong community focus. Conscious of social responsibility as an international industrial group, the company carry's out CSR actions in all the countries in which they work. They are committed to ensuring that all our employees work under the highest safety conditions and, taking account of the diversity of profiles, have equal opportunities and a rich and open career.
- Well-tenured staff
- Excellent core values
- Dedicated Leadership
- Full benefits
- Excellent culture
- Work/life balance
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the Environmental Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable local, State, and Federal environmental laws and regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for compiling, updating, maintaining, and filing all permit applications, variances, plans, reports and studies required by environmental regulation and law.
2. Responsible for gathering, interpreting and informing the Management Team with accurate information regarding the utilization of new or existing raw materials, the use of fuels and monitoring Plant environmental status.
3. Will assist in the engineering design and implementation of process modification(s) to ensure environmental compliance.
4. Responsible for the application/maintenance of all permits and variances associated with environmental issues.
5. Prepare and submit reports to County, State, and Federal agencies concerning plant projects and/or legislative requirements
6. Monitoring and reporting for air/water/haz mat : Title V, AB32, GHG MRR, NESHAP, NESHAP RICE, MACT, PSD and NSR, NPDS, SWPP, SPCC, TRI…
7. Assist quarry with Land and mine management : SMARA reporting and management, FACE, mining claims renewal,…
8. Observe operations of Plant (including monitors, CEMS operations, CARB VEE Method 9,…) and report breakdowns, upsets and request variances for any APCD or permit violation.
9. Is an active part in developing and executing the company carbon neutrality roadmap
10. Attend public meetings and hearings as required.
11. Act as Company representative to professional and industry organizations concerning environmental issues.
12. Make feasibility studies and develop budgetary estimates for management on assigned projects.
13. Develop significant data, write reports and make recommendations, which can be used by management as a basis for making decisions on environmental issues.
14. Oversee timely and accurate mandatory annual reports required by environmental laws (s) and/or agencies.
15. Must comply with company safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds. Safety equipment means clothing and apparatus including, but not limited to hardhat, safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, back support belts, gloves and respirators.
16. Other duties as assigned.