80k -Facility Supervisor- HOT JOB
- bloomington, IN
- $65,000 - $75,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Christopher Mildyn
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
One of North America’s leading owners, operators and advisors of student housing, we are defining the future of student living.
Why join us?
We know that our communities are as diverse as the students we serve. That’s why we’ve built four unique brands, designed as a family, the first of its kind in the student housing business. Through our scale, we’ve seen that student living doesn’t call for a one-size fits all solution. Our portfolio and brand strategy are as distinctive as the students who choose to call us home
FLSA Status Exempt
FLSA Status Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternity Leave
What We Require
- Manage all building services and preventative maintenance programs to the best of industries practices, the Scion’s Standard Operating Procedures, and in compliance with the State/Federal Govt./OSHA’s Codes/regulations.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations including but not limited to heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and piping, fire protection, and general building maintenance and troubleshooting, building automation systems and building maintenance systems.
- Monitor systems and provides diagnostics, preventative maintenance, annual testing, permitting, certification for all major building systems including, but not limited to: chilled water systems with fan coil units, air handling units with outside condensers including roof top units (RTU), building stationary boilers, hot & cold water distribution systems (plumbing, pressure/pneumatic/storage tanks, variable frequency drive (and pumps & motors), domestic hot water heaters, building automation systems (BAS), electrical distribution systems, switchgears and controls, generators, uninterrupted Power supply (UPS), elevators and lifts, parking structures (ventilation/drainage Systems, T-Joints), entrance & exit Gates and overhead doors,
- Operate and manage all life safety systems including fire pumps, fire alarm monitoring panels, dry/wet sprinkler systems, visual and audible alarms, back flow preventers, smoke detectors, CO2 sensors/alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, means of egress, fire dampers.
- Prioritize and schedule maintenance work, assuring quality of work consistent with Scion’s standards.
- Manage the Facilities Technicians to ensure all service requests are completed within Scion standards and are appropriately and accurately documented.
- Manage facilities budgets, using appropriate business software.
- Review completed work to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements.
- Ensure all emergency, routine maintenance/repairs are carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all safety/risk-management-related issues at the property.
- Review completed work orders for accuracy of labor hours, materials’ cost, and track recurring equipment failures.
- Conduct regular inspection tours of buildings, interior common areas and the exterior of the property, equipment and surrounding grounds for deficiencies, potential safety, health, or code problems and necessary repairs.
- Prepare written reports summarizing findings, and advises other building users as appropriate, of the findings.
- Provide recommendations for dealing with problems noticed in inspections.
- Oversee and supervise “Turn” preparation including the prompt inspection of vacated units, makes appropriate repairs and charges, and ensures completion as scheduled.
- Inspect vacant units after repairs and maintenance have been completed to determine quality of work performed and readiness for occupancy.
- Manage the maintenance spare parts and the tools inventory, determining which parts/tools to stock and their stock level and working directly with General Manager to maintain inventory of parts, tools, and supplies within budget.
- Maintain shop appearance and all mechanical, supply, electrical and storage facilities on site.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment to ensure warranty compliance and extended useful life.
- Oversee all other contracted work in the building, obtaining bids and negotiating prices with vendors and contractors, as approved by the General Manager or the Regional Manager.
- Coordinate deliveries, schedules, and performance of all facility related vendors.
- Ensure proper safety procedures are followed, personal protective equipment is used, and health & safety policies are enforced.
- Manage process for keying and coring/coding of locks and maintain lock procedures, logbooks and protocols for key management and security.
- Effectively implement standard operating procedures and preventive maintenance programs according to Scion’s standards.
- Take part in emergency preparedness planning and acts as essential personnel in emergencies.
- Escalate unique or urgent repairs/replacements to General Manager and Regional Facilities Manager.
- Maintain records on all major systems including maintenance manuals, manufacturer’s cut sheets, warranties, and equipment specifications.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Regional Facilities Manager to manage, formulate and track facilities and capital budget.
- Hire, train and develop Facilities team members, holding them accountable for delivering a high level of service
What We Require
- High school diploma/GED, trade school diploma, or military training
- 5 years of relevant experience managing building system in multi-unit residential properties, 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years’ experience with building automation systems, and life safety systems
- EPA 608 Universal certification
- HVAC/EPA 608 Universal certification
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO), or intention to obtain within six months
- Expertise in plumbing, HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems as well as generally accepted maintenance practices
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as design drawings, blueprints, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Basic computer working knowledge, including Microsoft Office and CMMS
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand 8 hours or longer per day and lift up to 100 lbs. as necessary
Easy Apply Now
Managed by Jobot Pro
$65,000 - $75,000