Family Law Paralegal
Calling all Family Law Paralegals
- Traverse City, MI
- $50,000 - $60,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Mordy Ornguze
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are a growing Firm that's ready for a passionate Family Law Paralegal to join the team.
Why join us?
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Hybrid work schedule with 3 days in the office
- Drafting pleadings such as motions and replies such as divorce decrees, child support orders, temporary and final child support orders, alimony and post-divorce decrees, and domestic relations Petitions
- Assisting with preparing Trial binders, exhibits and Trial briefs
- Help attorneys prepare for hearings by researching topics such as court procedures; expert witnesses; expert witnesses; cross-examinations; etc.
- Some legal assistant work, including speaking with clients, onboarding new clients, and communicating with opposing counsel, Court clerks, and various third-parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) including spell checking.
- Proficient with legal terminology including family law terms.
- Litigation Paralegal experience
- Proficient with legal research including obtaining discovery from opposing counsel or other parties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work load while maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information.