A bit about us:
With offices in Irvine, CA and Sunnyvale, CA, and HQ in China, we are a leading semiconductor manufacturer that specializes in the large-scale production of high-quality, compound semiconductor chips and devices. We are seeking GaN RF Field Applications Engineers for our Power Electronics division. This position will assist Sales & Marketing in serving the key power electronics market segments: automotive/EV, charging stations, power supplies, solar inverters, energy storage, and motor drive.
Are you a Field Applications Engineer with GaN RF Power Amplifier experience? Please keep reading...
Is your background a fit? Please apply if you meet the following criteria:
- At least 3+ years of industry experience in wide bandgap Power Electronics, BSEE, or MSEE with practical experience with power electronics
- PhD is a plus
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout for minimal stray inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for high switching speed and high power applications
- Good understanding of power electronics circuit topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC, DC/AC).
- Experience with high-frequency magnetics and switching power circuit designs.
- Experience in mitigation of EMI/EMC in switching power supply.
- Experience in developing thermal management approaches for power electronics.
- Experience in simulation tools (Spice, PLECS, etc) for power conversion.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to travel across the Americas and to occasional visits to Sanan's China HQ in Xiamen
- MSEE or PhD degree in Electrical engineering.
- Prior experience in leading a power electronics design team.
- Prior experience in GaN RF high-power applications
- Experience in automotive/EV, on-board charger (OBC), AC/DC, DC/DC, charging station, solar micro-inverter/string inverter, PFC power supply, motor drive, and/or energy storage power electronics applications.
- Responsible for the development of GaN RF power amplifier application notes, evaluation boards, collateral support documents, such as asymmetric Doherty for base station and MMIC design
- Evaluate and benchmark RF performance with current process versus competitor’s process
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support for GaN RF power amplifier and wafer foundry customers.