Support all technical field aspects of aftermarket activities for all company products nationwide. Expectation is to meet or exceed customer expectations. Respond to customer related technical inquiries, problems and basic training requirements and insure timely resolution of customer issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provide initial and on-going support of equipment at customer sites with limited support and supervision.
- Perform all installation and acceptance testing required to insure the equipment is performing to customer and specifications.
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance support
- Provide installation, operation and basic maintenance training on the installed equipment or as required.
- Report all activities to the identified Lead Technical Person/Engineer for the site by utilizing specified documents such as Field Service Reports, Start-
Up Checklist and Installation Quality Reports as appropriate for the job.
- Complete all required paperwork
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Requires international travel and flexibility to leave with short notice.
- Be available to work evenings and weekends and accommodate production and scheduled service demands.
- Assist the process engineering department with customer demonstrations, applications support and work closely with the sales department in
supporting customer qualification activities.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong electrical and mechanical skills with in-depth troubleshooting background.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed.
Education and Experience:
- BSEE or BSME or equivalent experience
- Experience in electrical, electronics, or mechanical engineering discipline.
- 5 years of experience installing and maintaining complex electromechanical equipment at customer sites.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for electrical and mechanical systems, including plumbing and pneumatic systems.
- Understanding of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programs.
- SMT process manufacturing experience desirable