- Haverhill, MA
- $100,000 - $120,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Cody Timm
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client is a well-established and reputable Oil and Gas company specializing in heating oil and diesel for commercial, marine, and residential customers throughout the state of Massachusetts.
Why join us?
- Competitive salary
- 401k matching
- Employer-paid medical insurance
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
- Great company culture
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of financial operations, including financial reporting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, and journal entries. They will also oversee the preparation of financial statements, conduct audits, and handle budgeting and forecasting. A deep understanding of the energy industry, including oil/gas/fuel is essential.
- Oversee all company accounting practices, including preparing financial statements, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing internal controls.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Maintain the general ledger system, payroll system, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial records.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Coordinate all audit activities and implement audit recommendations.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting; collaborate with the executive management team to ensure that operational adjustments are made in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Liaise with tax accountants to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal tax legislation.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- A Master’s degree or professional certification (e.g., CFA, CPA) is preferred, not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior financial managerial position, preferably in the oil/gas or energy industry.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).