A bit about us:
In business since the mid-90s, we are a premier Fire Protection company who handles all aspects of the industry including fire alarms, sprinklers, kitchen hood systems, inspections, design, pumps, pre-action, dry systems, underground, foam, fm 200 and more. We currently have 5 offices in Northern CA and are always looking to expand and bring on great new talent. Our strength is generated from our commitment to our clients, our industry & our employees.
Why join us?
- Competitive base and overall compensation package
- Generous vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401(k) with company match
FIRE ALARM DESIGNER
- Work in our Design Department performing integral functions like providing strategic efficient designs, code compliant automatic fire protection systems effective in detecting, containing, notifying, controlling and/or extinguishing fires in new facilities and renovation projects.
- Have proficient knowledge in current codes such as CFC, CBC, CMC, NEC, NFPA, and AHJ local requirements.
- Assist the Sales Department in the interpretation of project requirements for competitive proposals.
- Provide design work per company drafting standards and procedures.
- Actively participate in personal & professional development and maintain knowledge of current & new technologies in the field.
- Attend project turn over meetings with design supervisor, sales and operations.
- Prepare submittal documents, applications for permits, and follow up through the approval process.
- Maintain project drawings, associated records, and documentation within our structured file system.
- Operation of plotter, scanner, and reproduction equipment.
- Continue one’s education and Certifications within our industry.
- Fire Alarm Design: 1 year (Required)
- Proficient knowledge in the use of AutoCAD.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Proficient knowledge of the product lines and related parts.
- Ability to learn systems and technologies for low voltage, security, surveillance, access control & emergency communication systems.
- Strong ability to follow directions given by Supervisor to develop/design drawings.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong drive and work ethic, with above average performance.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- NICET or other Fire Certifications are a plus.