Fire Protection Designer
Fire Protection Designer - Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Work/Life Balance!!!
- Watertown, MA
- $65,000 - $85,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Tony Barhoum
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are Mechanical Contractor specializing in Design/Build of HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Sprinkler Systems for Healthcare, Higher Education, and Life Science Institutions. We are construction service experts, committed to finding innovative solutions for HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems with an unparalleled commitment to customer and employee success. For 80 years we’ve been connecting people to their buildings to enhance comfort and efficiency. With two generations of technical expertise combined with our business partnerships and the latest in Software, MEP technology, and 80,000 sq. ft. fabrication shop, we have earned the admiration of our industry, the respect of our partners and the loyalty of our clients. We believe that when our work is done, people are happy, safe, and comfortable in the spaces they live, work, and play.
Why join us?
Do you want to work with some of the best Clients in the world? We do too!
- Meaningful Work!
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Competitive Bonus and Options Package!
- Complete Benefits Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
We are seeking a Fire Protection Designer to design sprinkler system layouts for fire protection projects for our life science, healthcare, and higher education projects ranging from $50K to $20 mil.
- BS Degree Desired, Not required.
- 2-5 years previous experience performing sprinkler design and calculations.
- Strong technical background in mechanical, plumbing, and/or fire protection systems
- NICET certification a plus.
- AutoSPRINK experience Desired.
- Knowledge of NFPA standards.
- Previous installation experience a plus.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and efficient. Self-motivated and flexible team player.
- Computer proficiency. Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Commitment to providing premier customer service.
- Design layouts of fire sprinkler systems, including coordination with other MEP trades.
- Perform hydraulic calculations and stock listing.
- Attend virtual and project coordination meetings.
- Perform field surveys and hydrant flow tests.
- Provide occasional support to estimating department to prepare / review bid drawings.