A bit about us:
We are one of the largest integrated solid waste services companies in the country providing waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada. We serve more than six million residential, commercial, industrial, and exploration and production customers from a network of operations in 39 states, six provinces and the District of Columbia.
Why join us?
- Competitive salaries
- Great benefits!
- Gives back local communities
- "Work hard, play harder" culture
Our office is currently searching for a Web/Application developer. This role will design, develop, and maintain web solutions for the various web apps of Waste Connections. The ideal candidate should have experience in web development and web services development. The developer should have great communication skills and be able to discuss and develop requirements with multiple levels of staff from corporate and field locations. This is a multi-faceted role where you will be supporting multiple stakeholders.
- Maintain legacy websites, suggesting improvements where needed, assisting in migrating to newer templates.
- Develop a large internal Financial Web Application using Angular and ASP.NET Core.
- Provide support to field personnel in the troubleshooting and resolution of a variety of financial applications.
- Assists in communicating with Corporate Accounting, Finance and IT
- Building and maintaining T-SQL queries and stored procedures for data analysis and data extract.
- 3-5 years of experience in application development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of web-related technologies such as analytics, security, content delivery networks (CDNs)
- An interest in and ability to understand financial reporting, accounting concepts and related accounting data. (Accounting experience a plus)
- Experience developing/troubleshooting solutions using MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, SQL Profiler, VS Remote debugger.