A company with incredible compensation is looking for a Fund Attorney
- New York, NY
- $180,000 - $320,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Patrick McCarthy
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
A rapidly growing company is looking for a Fund Attorney. They have almost zero turnover and incredible culture., and will allow you to build out the NY team.
Why join us?
- Structure fund complexes and separate accounts to address tax, legal and regulatory concerns
- Prepare offering documents, including private placement memoranda
- Prepare and negotiate limited partnership agreements, subscription agreements, side letters and ancillary documents (e.g., management agreements, guaranties) for commingled funds
- Negotiate placement agent agreements
- Prepare and negotiate investment management agreements and investment guidelines for separate accounts.
- Review marketing and client reporting materials in coordination with the Compliance Department, including RFPs, webcasts, brochures and one-off requests
- Coordinate with and advise other departments regarding operational implications of governing documents
- Negotiate third party trading agreements (e.g., prime brokerage agreements, ISDAs)
- Negotiate fund credit facilities
- Qualify funds to trade in applicable non-U.S. jurisdictions
- Negotiate and facilitate participant directed transactions for separate accounts
- Monitor and address regulatory developments on a global basis
- Advise investment teams regarding insider-trading concerns, including establishing and maintaining information walls
- Address potential conflicts of interest
- Provide litigation support, at the fund level
- Respond to inquiries from and assist in ordinary-course reporting to regulators (e.g., SEC, CFTC, DOL)
- Participation in cross-departmental initiatives to implement new firm-wide procedures
- Advise on investment-specific regulations (e.g., gaming, media, banking), including structuring issues, initial and periodic filings, assisting with the design and implementation of compliance controls and interacting with regulators
- Review and advise on press releases and other media-related matters
- Provide transaction support, including reviewing deal documentation and term sheets, assisting with transaction structuring, assisting with HSR and other regulatory filings, preparing Sections 13 and 16 filings, negotiating fund guaranties and restructurings, reviewing transaction documents, and assisting with deal-related trade support and compliance issues
- Serve on boards of directors of various corporate and fund-related entities
- Conducting annual review of fund compliance with certain regulatory requirements (e.g. VCOC, FINRA new issues rule)
- Prepare amendments to fund documents and supervise consent solicitations
- Assisting client services in addressing legal questions that are received from current fund investors
- Oversee confidentiality review process.
- 5-8 years transactional legal experience with a top law firm and/or within the financial services or asset management industry;
- Fund formation experience is a plus;
- Strong history of exercising good business judgment; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook, as well as other business software.