A bit about us:
We are a a nonprofit scientific research organization dedicated to addressing urgent, unmet global health challenges including HIV and tuberculosis. Our mission is to translate scientific discoveries into affordable, globally accessible public health solutions. We develop vaccines and antibodies in and for the developing world and seek to accelerate their introduction in low-income countries.
Why join us?
- Full benefits
- 401(k) - 10% retirement savings!
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus!
- 100% REMOTE!
- Assist the Senior Director, GC&C in the preparation of budget-related materials and supporting documents required for submission with grant proposals, funding renewals, financial reports, grant extension requests, work plans, reports, etc.
- Perform as the lead individual responsible for the management and submission of the financial component of proposal requests. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Prepare proposal budget models
- Complete application forms
- Review solicitation requirements and summarize for presentation
- Prepare and maintain internal tracking checklists and timeline documents
- Responsible for the administration of awarded grants and contracts based on established portfolio including the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and update existing Excel models which serve as the basis for internal grant budgeting and actual cost tracking
- Utilize existing methodologies to regularly monitor spend against grants to ensure annual targets are met and ensure alignment with organizational forecast
- Prepare slides and help present various analyses / grant spend status to program staff
- Maintain Grants Management Intranet and Award Management Databases
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and requirements; including reporting protocols, various donor reporting templates, donor approval policies and procedures, and award close-out procedures
- Preparation and finalization of all financial donor deliverables
- Lead the review and approval of expenses prior to their entry into the financial management system coordinating with other members of the grant management team. This requires an understanding of the overall grant management portfolio.
- Support the development of organizational-standardized process and tools to be used for financial grant management.
- Assist the Senior Director, GC&C in ad hoc financial analyses as required
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in challenging finance/management roles; particularly in pre- and post-award grants management
- 3-5-year experience in managing grants and contracts
- Experience with grants funded by NIH, USAID and other government agencies is highly desirable as well as grants funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation highly desirable.
*PLEASE SEND ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION QUESTIONS TO email@example.com DIRECTLY AFTER YOU APPLY*
1. How many years of experience do you have managing the grant process?
2. What types of grants do you have experience working with?
3. Do you have experience working remotely in this type of position? This role is 100% remote.
4. The salary range for this position is $80k-$85k/year (not including annual bonus and 10% retirement match). Please confirm this is an acceptable salary for you!
5. Will you be requiring sponsorship now or in the future?