A bit about us:
The global leader in innovative nettings and casings. Our foremost commitment is to help you produce meat and poultry products that offer the ideal color, flavor and appearance. Over the past three decades, our hands-on experience, patented innovations, and dedicated sales and technical team ensured that our nettings and casings provide unmatched results in the complex meat processing environment.
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- 401 K with generous company match
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holiday schedule
- Life Insurance coverage
H&S Specialist is responsible for designing policies and procedures that help prevent harm to workers. Inspects machines and air quality, designs safe work spaces, and creates policies for workers to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
- Evaluates and takes corrective action when necessary, with regard to health and Safety tasks
- Consults with management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall safety
- Trains new employees in health and safety related topics
- Trains company personnel in OSHA 10/30, HazCom and other health and safety related areas
- Trains and certifies industrial truck operators (E-Pallet Jack, Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, Etc.)
- Administers the companies Safety meetings
- Administers the company’s LOTO program
- Maintains and files OSHA 3000/ 300A logs
- Conducts health and safety risk assessments on work process, equipment etc.
- Administers the company’s hearing conservation program-
- Contributes machine and process design by working with engineering departments
- Conducts Safety and environmental audits in all departments
- Develops training materials and SOP’s related to health and safety related topics
- Conducts other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Certification and/ or associate degree in Health and Safety
- One (1) years’ experience in manufacturing industry
- Two (2) plus years of Health and Safety experience
- Ability to speak, read and write a second language, desired, (English/Spanish).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; familiarity with Quality Assurance software programs, a plus. Ability to input data in databases and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of quality principles and practices; knowledge of general OSHA, GMP and Food Safety, Environmental requirements.