A bit about us:
We have one of the largest labor and employment practices serving public and private employers in the Pacific Northwest and adjacent western U.S. region. We’re business-minded litigators and counselors who share a common purpose to proactively prevent disputes or, when necessary, vigorously defend against them.
Why join us?
- Excellent benefits
- Career advancement
- Amazing culture
- Competitive salary
- Competent staff
- Supportive leadership
- Competitive 401(k)
- Friendly team
- Support internal and external counsel at all stages of litigation and administration.
- Assist with the factual development and analysis of cases, including talking with the relevant business people, gathering and reviewing documents, and creating timelines.
- Manage the discovery process, including the collection, retention, and production of documents, drafting written responses to discovery, and responding to third party subpoenas.
- Draft basic legal documents, including pleadings, motions, appellate documents, settlement agreements, document retention notices, and response letters.
- Prepare court documents for filing.
- Formatting and proofing of work product in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe.
- Maintain the litigation calendar and monitor case docket.
- Assist with trial preparation
- 2+ years of relevant experience handling labor and employment matters.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.-Law firm experience preferred.
- Understanding of litigation motion practice, discovery, arbitration, trial and appellate procedure a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical, fact-finding, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with a goal-oriented focus as well as flexibility to take on new areas of responsibility.