Location: Eligible to hire only in the following states: TX, UT, FL, CA.
ACTIVE CPA REQUIRED - SAAS Industry Experience REQUIRED
About the Role:
We are looking for a Lead Accountant who would ensure the Finance and Accounting function’s ability to provide impeccable customer service to our team, partners, and vendors; it is meant to provide general accounting support in a broad range of areas and serves as an important foundational piece for the newly structured finance department. This position will report to the VP of Finance and focuses on general day-to-day accounting needs. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities and deadlines. In addition to this, you should possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Even though this role falls under the Finance Organization, you will work alongside and support the entire company as a whole.
- Lead the accounting department and be the single point of contact between our company and our accounting outsourcing company.
- Provide GAAP considerations for complex revenue transactions including audit documentation.
- Support for Month End Close by preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations, Bank Reconciliations and Journal Entries
- Assist VP of Finance in Analysis of Budget, Forecast, and Financial Statements, Payroll, Inventory, A/P and A/R
- Support Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Lead in updating Finance Manuals, including all processes, and continues improvements for efficiencies
- Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepares balance sheets, financial statements, and other financial reports. Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Entering financial data in deferrals, accruals, and reclassifications.
- Collaborating with various departments such as Sales, Legal and other departments
Skills and Qualifications
- This position requires a degree in Accounting or Finance or a related degree and a minimum of 8-10 years of “roll up your sleeves” accounting experience with a SaaS-based company.
- A professional Certified Public Accountant (CPA) will be mandatory
- Knowledge of GAAP and cash versus accrual accounting concepts
- Strong experience in Revenue Recognition
- Strong accounting skills, specifically Month End Close, GL, Balance Sheet, Bank Reconciliations, Accruals, Payroll, AP, AR, and General Cashiering
- Experience in being an integral part of Year End Audit from External Auditors
- Ability to analyze issues and suggest solutions
- Understanding of cash versus accrual accounting concepts
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, organized, flexible, and reliable.
- Adaptable to changing situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Takes pride and ownership in their work; trustworthy and loyal.
- Seeking career growth and eager to learn and expand responsibilities
- Team player but ability to work independently and self-starter
- Willing to do what is necessary to get the job done; able to identify when something needs to be done without being instructed
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience in Salesforce, Bill.com, Deel, Stripe, QuickBooks, NetSuite and G-Suite
- Proficiency in the U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Excelled in a high speed environment
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience with Budget and Forecast preparation and analysis