A bit about us:
We are a diverse team of experienced lawyers who thrive on delivering results for our clients. Our firm is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit to help our clients start, grow, and protect their ideas and their businesses. We bring a collaborative approach to every matter so each client benefits from the depth and breadth of our collective experience, knowledge, and judgment.
Why join us?
What sets us apart from our peers is the breadth of our professional experience, our commitment to diversity, a truly innovative approach to the practice of law, and an Austin presence with a national reach.
We are looking for a skilled litigation paralegal to be the backbone of our trial team. You will be responsible for the coordination of all the details before, during and after trial. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the litigation process including conducting interviews, legal research, document filing and attending trials.
- -Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research and initial case assessments
- -Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- -Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc)
- -Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- -Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- -Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- -Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- -Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- -Help with voir dire, jury selection and witnesses preparation
- -Provide assistance with case settlements
- -Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal
- -Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc
- -Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- -Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- -Extensive computer and database expertise
- -Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification