Litigation Paralegal Opportunity w/Prominent Law Firm in Vero Beach!
- Vero Beach, FL
- $65,000 - $85,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Gabby DelPozzo
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Prominent Law Firm in Vero Beach is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join their Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Litigation teams. This role will be fully on-site.
Why join us?
- Excellent benefits
- Career advancement
- Amazing culture
- Competitive salary
- Supportive leadership
The Litigation Paralegal is responsible for assisting attorneys in all aspects of legal case management and preparation within these specialized practice areas. This role involves extensive client interaction, legal research, document management, and case administration.
- Communicate with clients, gather information about their cases, and provide updates on case progress.
- Maintain a professional and empathetic demeanor when interacting with clients who may be injured or suffering from medical malpractice.
- Conduct legal research using various resources to support case development.
- Gather information on relevant laws, regulations, and precedents in personal injury and medical malpractice cases.
- Assist in drafting and filing legal documents such as complaints, answers, motions, and subpoenas.
- Prepare deposition summaries and trial binders.
- Organize and manage case files and documents, ensuring their accuracy and accessibility.
- Assist with the discovery process, including drafting and responding to interrogatories, requests for production, and requests for admission.
- Review and categorize documents for production during discovery.
- Assist attorneys during trial preparation, including organizing exhibits, witness lists, and trial notebooks.
- Attend trial proceedings to provide support as needed, including managing exhibits and taking notes.
- Track billable hours and expenses related to cases.
- Assist in client invoicing and collections.
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years experience as a litigation paralegal or legal assistant, with a strong focus on personal injury and medical malpractice cases preferred.
- Proficiency in legal research and document management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to personal injury and medical malpractice.
- Familiarity with e-discovery tools and processes is a plus.