Great reputation, collegial environment, work/life balance
- Houston, TX
- $50,000 - $70,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Patrick McCarthy
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
At Law Firm, we have experience representing clients who are involved in various types of premises liability cases. If you need assistance filing a product liability case or fighting for just compensation after a construction accident, you have the right to discuss your case with our firm. We offer free case evaluations which can be conducted over the phone or in person. In the event that a lawyer is unavailable, a competent and experienced staff member can handle the evaluation and then consult with an attorney from our office about the details of the evaluation.
Why join us?
We are a passionate group, have a great reputation, and offer our employees a collegial environment
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Must be well versed in both federal and state court procedure and filing requirements, to include E-Filing in federal court.
- Research proficient, pre-trial prep, and trial assistance experience required.
- Experience handling multiple attorneys with full caseloads. Coordinate heavy scheduling and calendaring for attorney meetings, court deadlines, depositions, etc.
- Heavy client contact, contact with witnesses and opposing counsel to obtain information pertinent to the case matter.
- Assist attorneys in drafting pleadings, disclosures, and discovery requests while under close supervision.
- Document production and organization a must. Organize records, documents, correspondence, and files into a manageable format.
- Must demonstrate a strong worth ethic and consistent schedule
- Experience with document management system required
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal
- -Working knowledge of Office 2013, Outlook 365, LexisNexis and court filing docketing.
- Candidate should be pro-active to handle necessary tasks for busy attorneys without constant oversight.
- The ideal candidate will take the initiative, have strong attention to detail, highly organized & has impeccable communication skills.