- Denton, TX
- $75,000 - $75,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Amber Pessagno
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Jobot has partnered with the Nation's leading infectious disease laboratory to find a great Logistics Supervisor to join their team!
Why join us?
- Competitive salary
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- 401 Plan with company match
- Strong management and executive team
- Excellent corporate culture with high visibility to executive team
- Great work/life balance
The Logistics Supervisor leads the logistics team responsible for daily operations of logistics services including management of external logistics services providers, monitors service level execution, on-time performance, financial performance, and route configuration for in-house couriers. The Logistics Supervisor will work across partner teams to ensure logistics services are executed meeting Client requirements and client-specific needs. The Logistics Supervisor demonstrates continuous improvement that supports the achievement of HTRx’s Most Important Things (MIT’s). Additionally, they proactively use metrics and KPI’s to improve efficiency and reduce logistics spend. Investigates issues/concerns, with a sense of urgency and a focus on patient care. Acts as a liaison for the logistics department when resolving issues between customers, both internal and external. Performs other tasks and duties that may temporarily arise. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
Education and Experience:
- Oversee day-to-day operational execution for sample / specimen pickup and delivery.
- Monitors team and logistics services provider’s adherence to service level targets.
- Create Key Performance Indicators for logistics service performance and costs.
- Analyze and trend KPI’s to drive continuous improvement, including, but not limited to cost analysis and forecasting, service performance, and vendor compliance.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and proactively recommend solutions for day-to-day logistics and workflows.
- Execute service strategies and programs for problem resolution. Determine not only the root cause of individual issues but also trends in logistics failures.
- Work with Senior Management to develop and implement sustainable solutions.
- Manage logistics reporting, logistics performance metrics, dashboards, and scorecards. Ensure that data collection is timely and accurate.
- Monitor and trend Provider and Vendor performance and provide feedback and solutions for improvement.
- Coordinate Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with logistics services providers including scheduling meetings, identifying discussion topics, summarize and assign action items including timelines, and distribute meeting notes.
- Investigate Client critical complaints effectively, ensuring that relevant CAPA(s) are completed and verifies corrective action plans are in place to ensure deficiencies are resolved.
- Coordinate the internal & external recovery process for unaccounted packages. Maintain ongoing communication to appropriate internal & external Parties.
- Oversee the success, accuracy, and operational effectiveness of implemented plans, policies, and operating procedures.
- Assist in the developing, documenting, and maintaining accurate and current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Logistics Operations and ensure they align with internal and external business partners.
- Oversee Logistics billing and invoicing coding for all invoicing. Work with Finance team to ensure that billing and coding are correctly entered.
- Participant in the Emergency Operational Planning meetings regarding logistics and any disruption of service due to an emergency (i.e., weather, pandemic, etc.). Take appropriate action to mitigate risk.
- Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the in-house courier / drivers. Coordinate work schedules and delivery routes. Monitor workflow to analyze trends and patterns. Conduct routine meetings to review routes to improve efficiencies and control costs.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations as it relates to the shipment of Category B Biological Substance (UN3373) preferred.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of our products and services to effectively handle inbound and outbound calls.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, and third-party vendors.
- Detail Oriented and distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Proficient analytical skills. Ability to review issues and determine root cause of issues. Ability to determine common/repeating issues in addition to singular failures.
- Able to utilize data analytics to interpret data and analyze results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook (appointment scheduling, proper email etiquette), Word, Excel (creating formulas, graphs of various configurations including dual scales, pivot tables, v-lookups, and preferably macros, etc.), PowerPoint, and Visio (process flow maps, value stream mapping, organization charts, etc.) etc.
- Proficient in Operational software applications such as LIS (Laboratory Information System), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Internet, SharePoint, and Adobe.
- Team oriented with a commitment to the success of the team and organizational goals.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, with an emphasis on sense of urgency and patient care.
- Flexible travel schedule: infrequent travel required including overnight stays.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) obtained or actively pursuing.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in Logistics with two years in healthcare logistics.
- Experience handling small parcel logistics providers and courier services