A bit about us:
We have grown to become a leading manufacturer of equipment for the trucking industry across the United States!
Why join us?
- Fulltime position
- Health benefits
- PTO plan
- Assists Department Managers in effective implementation of continuous improvement disciplines.
- Leads and develops the department managers to optimize processes, efficiency, and equipment utilization.
- Ensures products are produced efficiently while being on time and meeting all people, quality, delivery, cost, cash and CI (continuous improvement) metrics.
- Incorporates plans for manufacturing growth as dictated by the expansion of the business.
- Evaluates product/process improvements for the business.
- Establishes KPI’s with clear goals and targets for the production functions. Measures the production function on achievement of goals, performance targets and performance standards.
- Communicates with internal customers as required to provide updates, manage expectations, resolve problems, and obtain feedback.
- Engages closely with personnel on the shop floor on continuous improvement opportunities, problem analysis, solutions, implementation, and control methods.
- Drives process and methods for creating and maintaining an organized, clean, high performance visual workplace.
- Constantly analyzes the business demand and staffing requirements to ensure production departments are scheduled and staffed appropriately.
- Conducts scheduled reviews of team members in order to align expectations, maintain accountability, and proactively develop associates.
- Takes accountability for the total site performance and regular communication to director of operations.
- Directs manpower and adjusts schedules as necessary to meet production requirements.
- Provides direction in the development and implementation of production improvements, training, safety and housekeeping.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, knowledge of processes related to laser cutting, metal fabrication, machining, welding, and assembly.
- Demonstrated experience with operations management, and working knowledge of engineering, manufacturing practices, safety, quality, purchasing and materials management.
- Past experience leading teams, departments, and managing/developing staff.
- Proficient using MS Office software, with the ability to learn new software including ERP and production scheduling software.
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems and experience working in ISO certified organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field
*PLEASE SEND ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION QUESTIONS TO firstname.lastname@example.org DIRECTLY AFTER YOU APPLY*
1. How many years of experience do you have as a Manufacturing Plant/Warehouse Manager?
2. Do you have experience with lean manufacturing?
3. How many direct reports have you had under you at one time?
4. Can you commute to Mentor, OH? If not, are you looking to relocate?
5. What annual salary are you targeting?
6. Will you be requiring sponsorship now or in the future?