The Electrician position will perform various level (determined from experience and certification) electrical work in the design, specification, installation, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical systems, electrical equipment, controls/instrumentation, and other related work as required.
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments and following state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Test, calibrate and maintain electrical equipment for safety and efficiency
- Manage and support related facility projects, including layout and wiring of new and modified electrical systems
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations; inspect and direct related work performed by outside contractors
- Create cost, time and materials estimates for electrical projects
- Clean, maintain and service the tools and equipment used in the performance of duties
- Manage electrical parts inventories
- Complete other related duties as assigned by management.
- Responsible for electrical safety programs and compliance requirements
- High school degree or G.E.D. with completion of in-house, military, or trade school apprenticeship electrician program that includes theoretical work and on-the-job, hands-on training.
- Licensed Electrician or Maintenance Electrician desired.
- 5+ years as a MN licensed electrician in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting.
- Instrumentation/controls experience required.
- Experience or desire around automation, PLC, BMS and related control systems a plus