A bit about us:
With of 5 DECADES of proven expertise in full life care - we are the USA's largest hospice and home care-based health care organization. Together with an interdisciplinary team - our healthcare professionals provide exceptional quality patient care with additional emotional and spiritual support
Why join us?
- Generous Paid time off
- 9 holidays
- Medical coverage
- Health Savings account (HSA)
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- 401 K Retirement Plan with 4% match
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time physician (BC in Primary Care, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine) to serve as a working physician in our Geriatric Skilled Nursing Facilities and will have Medical Director responsibilities. Our Skilled Nursing Facilities in the greater Sarasota and Manatee counties have several part-time Physicians, as well as several full time Advanced Practice Providers. The Physician and/or Medical Director will be highly engaged as an active member in this multidisciplinary patient care team in both the Skilled Nursing Facilities. Essential functions include, though are not limited to, admissions, regulatory and as the medical resource for acute care events for our Nurse Practitioners who provide day to day patient care oversight.
- The Physician Medical Director will provide medical care to residents living in our SNF.
- Your duties in this career are to supplement the residents’ primary care physicians and prescribe treatment when they are not available.
- Your responsibilities also include helping the administrator and other staff members with assessment services when new residents enter the facility.
- You examine new patients and consult with their primary care physician to develop a proper medical plan for each resident.
- You are also on-hand to address any emergency issues that may arise.