- Neptune City, NJ
- $60,000 - $70,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Jason Wilson
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Candidates should have flexibility in scheduling as the NOC handles inbound inquiries for our base 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We provide technical support to customers through ACD and email support systems with a focus on a quick and concise resolution. Around-the-clock surveillance, troubleshooting and maintenance at our newly built Network Operations Center (NOC).
Why join us?
Our client is a leading national next generation aggregator of Voice, Internet, Cloud Communications and Managed Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Trouble Ticket Owner responsibilities for tickets in the Repair ticket system.
- Answer email Inbox inquiries, with focus on a quick and concise resolution on Equipment and Circuit issues.
- Provide 2nd Level Support to Users by answering questions involving Cisco routers and Firewalls, information and update customers calling\emailing in for service
- Coordinate and follow up on network repairs and dispatch the appropriate vendor / specialist depending on the type of issue.
- Working Knowledge to perform repair actions on MANAGED ROUTERS and FIREWALLS: i.e., CISCO, FORTINET, MERAKI and/ or various other vendor equipment
- Knowledge of working within various carrier portals (8X8, COREDIAL, INTELEPEER, AND BROADVIEW)
- Flexible hours (available to work weekends and be on call).
- Working knowledge of Data services to include but not limited to MPLS, VPN Protocols, QOS, and Private Line Connections.
- Continuous monitoring for problems on customer networks via Solar Winds NMS
- Working knowledge of Unified Threat Management Firewalling protocols like IPS/IDS, Websence, and spam/malware protection.
- Test Circuits such as T1 and DSL loops with partner carrier technicians working in the field using MLT, to test the repairs and close out tickets.
- Upsell additional products and services as applicable or provide leads to Sales.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in NOC environment
- Minimum 8 years hands on experience on Fortinet and Meraki Hardware/Software.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Network Operations
- Data Networking education and/or industry certification
- In depth working knowledge of the 7 layers of the OSI model
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Solar Winds
- Working grasp of Firewalling and basic firewalling protocols (IPS/IDS) and infrastructures.
- Knowledge of Cabling and Network Topologies
- Knowledge of Fiber/DS3/DS1 technologies
- Organizational skills and abilities to self-manage workload.
- User level knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Capable of generating new ideas and continuous improvement efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Demonstration of a “customer first” attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- CCNA preferred
- Cisco, Adtran and various T1/IAD Router Models
- Speedstream, Xycel, and other carrier provided DSL routers
- Working knowledge of Firewall Config Support for Fortinet and Meraki or like firewall models.