OSP Foreman needed to join a growing team that is a leading provider of high-speed Internet and digital phone service.
- Kalamazoo, MI
- $25 - $30
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Ryan Anderson
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are a leading provider of high-speed Internet and digital phone service known that got our start after recognizing a need for Broadband Internet access in rural America.
Why join us?
- Competitive pay
- Life Insurance
- Short term & Long term disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
The OSP Foreman plays a vital role in the OSP fiber team by facilitating the construction of a Fiber-to-the-Home network build within our Mid-West region. The OSP Foreman will be responsible for all OSP fiber constructions for their team and will be required to ensure safety and quality control is maintained on all the builds.
Skills and Requirements:
- Maintain a safe environment and ensure all safety standards are met.
- Oversee construction field operations with supervision and inspection activities.
- The candidate will report issues or challenges to the Fiber Team Lead as well as recommend solutions to keep projects on track.
- Directly responsible for the overall success of construction projects including meeting project schedules.
- Demonstrated attention to quality construction practices and ensuring timely closeout and delivery of the project schedule.
- Prioritize and multitask projects and see them through to completion, as individual and team contributor.
- Handle daily updates and feedback required for troubleshooting and internal ticketing system.
- Must be able to site walk any land scenario to gather info on poles, ROW, HH placement and meet-me HH’s
- Ability to resolve issues found in the field relating to private property / landowners ETC
- Acquire the necessary field information, record verifications, document preparation, required to prepare work order construction prints
- Demonstrated ability to make field decisions on constructability of plans required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize industry tools, such as measuring wheels, height sticks, pull finders, MH/HH hooks, etc.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience with fiber network deployments, including a deep understanding of constructing outside and inside plant fiber infrastructure, and experience with MDU infrastructure.
- 1+ year of experience in managing teams with responsibility for quality assurance, schedule commitments, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network drawings, route maps and scopes of work.
- Knowledge/experience with project management tools and Web Applications.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- A self-starter who will conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion; be an individual contributor and contribute as part of a larger team.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, Class A CDL with current medical card is preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)