1st Shift with some flexibility: 7 AM - 3 PM. A major part of this role is training the Setup Techs across 1st,2nd, and 3rd shift, so must be ok with a flexible schedule.
MUST HAVE: Strong experience with running and repairing packaging equipment (Scales, baggers, cartoners, case packers, etc). This role will also be responsible for training our setup techs who are the “first responders” to repair the lines, complete changeovers, etc.
This position plays a key role in documenting packaging equipment operating procedures, developing and implementing technical training and supporting preventative maintenance for the packaging department. This position works closely with all departments and levels of the organization to ensure the packaging department meets its cost and throughput goals.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develops, documents, and maintains standard and optimized operating procedures for all conveying and storage, scale, vertical bagging, horizontal bagging, cartoning, case-packing, and robotic palletizing systems
- Develop methods to track and analyze packaging system data; leverage data analysis skills and root cause analysis techniques to quantify and troubleshoot packaging machine downtime, resulting in more efficient and production operations
- Serves as technical subject matter expert to translate product needs into real packaging system operational requirements
- Designs and deploys technical training programs for front line Packaging roles
- Serve as owner for Set Up Operator program; to significantly reduce or eliminate downtime and waste
Education And Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with a packaging equipment focus
- Previous experience with process design or improvement
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and extra hours, as needed