- Draper, UT
- $65,000 - $85,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Lou Zuniga
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
My client is a prominent legal practice run by skilled attorneys for almost two decades providing customized legal solutions in family law, business litigation, personal injury, estate planning, and bankruptcy matters. They understand the needs of their clients and the varying circumstances that bring them to their office. They are focused on achieving the results their clients deserve.
Why join us?
As a Paralegal, you will play a crucial role in assisting attorneys, managing caseloads, and providing exceptional support to our clients. If you are detail-oriented, organized, and have a passion for the legal field, we invite you to apply and help us deliver high-quality legal services to our clients.
- Legal Research: Conduct legal research using various databases, libraries, and online resources to support attorneys in case preparation and strategy development.
- Document Management: Organize and maintain legal documents, including pleadings, contracts, and correspondence. Ensure all case-related materials are up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Client Interaction: Communicate with clients to gather information, provide case updates, and assist in addressing their legal inquiries professionally and compassionately.
- Case Preparation: Assist attorneys in drafting legal documents, such as complaints, motions, and affidavits, while ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Court Filings: Prepare and file legal documents with state and federal courts, adhering to deadlines and procedural requirements.
- Discovery Support: Manage the discovery process by organizing and reviewing documents, coordinating depositions, and assisting with the preparation of responses to discovery requests.
- Trial Support: Assist in trial preparation by organizing exhibits, coordinating witnesses, and providing administrative support during court proceedings.
- Billing and Records: Track billable hours and expenses accurately, maintain financial records, and assist in billing clients.
- Conflict Resolution: Help in resolving disputes and conflicts by liaising with opposing counsel, clients, and court personnel as necessary.
- Estate Planning and Bankruptcy: Depending on firm needs, support attorneys in tasks related to estate planning, bankruptcy filings, and related client matters.
- A bachelor's degree in paralegal studies, legal studies, or a related field is preferred.
- Paralegal certification from an accredited institution is highly desirable.
- Prior experience as a paralegal, particularly in the areas of Business Litigation, Personal Injury, Family Law, Estate Planning, or Bankruptcy, is an advantage.
- Proficiency in legal research, case management software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Utah state and federal court procedures and rules.
- Commitment to maintaining client confidentiality and ethical standards.