· Deliver technical solutions for achieving the operations Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost objectives.
· Maintain process and facility equipment for the development, implementation and day-to-day supervision of maintenance systems, processes, and documentation associated with efficient and High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOPs, Safety, etc.)
· Works closely with production, food safety and product development teams on new product development.
· Oversees maintenance department and ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
· Provides long-term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
· Evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems.
· Follow and promote established best practices for process excellence.
· Share best practices to help build a centralized knowledge base, including updating processes and procedures upon achieving significant improvements.
· Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
· Champion the continuous improvement process and relative metrics
· Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of the production process.
· Trains employees on proper work methods and safety procedures
· Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with OSHA standards and regulations.
· Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
· Provides regular status reports to various audiences.
· Modification of PM frequencies based on known/documented failure(s) history.
· Oversee creation of nonscheduled work orders, maintain a history of repairs, parts used and parts cost tracking.
· Parts inventory control and analysis
· Maintenance reporting Identifying capital needs focused on operational improvements within the facility.
· Submitting comprehensive formal capital requests, including designing the scope of projects and timeline from equipment acquisition through project completion
· Participate in securing project job bids process and providing recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering preferred
- 3 years of Manufacturing experience required, industrial experience in food production preferred
- Must be self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong Microsoft office skills to include Excel and related computer applications
- Proven detail attentiveness, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent math and measuring skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to interact with various departments such as Quality, Safety, Production, Maintenance, etc.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and tools